Looks great! Shall have to check this out. :D
Dark Comic Master Shader
A downloadable shader
A general use shader for Unity's Universal Render Pipeline, for creating games with a dark comic book aesthetic. Inspired by games like The Wolf Among Us, Darkest Dungeon, and Curse of the Dead Gods.
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 - (TL:DR; you can use it however you want, including for commercial projects, but you must credit me if you do)
- Universal Render Pipeline
- Shader Graph Markdown is required for the material editor to look correct, but the shader will still work without it.
- Does not support Screen Space Shadows.
- Doesn't play nice with baked lighting - it makes some of the effects necessary to pull off the lighting tricks really hard.
- Does however support a single baked directional light in shadowmask mode. All other lights need to be realtime.
- Blend Modes:
- All the usual suspects - opaque, alpha cutoff, transparent
- Transparent preserves specular, for making windows
- Refraction support!
- Sharpened line art mask
- Stays sharp at a distance, without aliasing
- Paint masking
- Mask Channel B controls where paint colors are applied, making model recoloring easy.
- Separate lighting controls for:
- Textured lighting
- Single channel, or multi-channel crosshatching
- Multiple lighting texture mapping modes:
- View Direction
- World Space
- Object Space
- Controls for fine-tuning most aspects of lighting
- Stylized reflections
- Crank up the strength edge-on views for edge highlights
- View aligned rim light
- Makes light wrap around object edges when facing the light, creating a rim lit effect
Creating Lighting Textures:
There are a few important settings that you should set up on your textures used for lighting (see the example textures download).
- sRGB Disabled
- Compression: None
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Optimization Update41 days ago